Hampton 2-1 Saints

City fell to defeat against Hampton & Richmond Borough at the Beveree on Saturday.

The match started in perfect fashion for the Saints as they took the lead inside eight minutes through Zane Banton. The attacking midfielder latched onto an inch perfect David Noble ball over the top of the defence and chested it down before side-footing it inside the near post.

Hampton were not behind for long, however, and levelled things up with 24 minutes on the clock. A short corner saw Hill have an effort blocked by Longe-King, however the ball ricocheted into the path of Ruddick and the defender made no mistake with his first time strike.

Jefferson Louis has the chance to net against his old club when he controlled a cross from the left, but the experienced forward could only manage to send his strike wide.

The hosts completed the turn around ten minutes later with a quick counter attack.

The Saints were awarded a drop ball on the edge of the home box after the ball struck the referee. Hampton immediately won it back and moved forward with pace before Hill rounded Snedker and slotted it home.

City were forced into a change almost immediately following the goal, with Michael Clark replacing the injured Bender.

Scott Shulton was presented with a golden opportunity just past the hour mark.

A long ball forward wasn’t cleared by the hosts and it was latched onto by Iaciofano. The forward beat a defender and rolled it into the path of Shulton, who saw his low effort turned away by the outstretched leg of Lincoln.

With City looking for an equaliser the game started to become stretched and the hosts created two openings to seal the points. The first saw Gray meet a loose ball on the edge of the box and curl an effort just over the bar.

The Beavers went even closer with six minutes left on the clock. Ahmidi won the ball in midfield, releasing Orsi-Dadomo and with just Snedker to beat he fired his effort straight at the City stopper.

Despite some late pressure from the Saints, the home side held on in relative comfort.

Ian Allinson’s men are back in action next Saturday when they welcome Welling United to Clarence Park. Kick-off is 3pm.

Other Articles

First team update