- Entry to the Ground is expressly subject to acceptance by the visitor of these Ground Regulations and the Rules and Regulations appropriate to the relevant competition. Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations.
- Permission to enter or to remain within the Ground (notwithstanding possession of any ticket) is at the absolute discretion of the Club, any police officer or authorised steward. Admission will not be granted to a person who is the subject of a current Banning Order under the Football Spectators Act 1989 (as amended) or has been convicted of ticket touting offences under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.
- The Club excludes to the maximum extent permitted by law any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons and property in or around the Ground.
- No guarantees can be given by the Club that a Match will take place at a particular time or on a particular date, or at all, and the Club reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a Match without notice and without any liability whatsoever.
- In the event of the postponement or abandonment of the Match, refunds (if any) will be made in accordance with the specific ticket terms and conditions applicable to your ticket purchase. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel costs.
- All persons seeking entrance to the Ground acknowledge and agree to the Club’s right to search any person entering the Ground and to refuse entry to or eject from the Ground any person refusing to submit to such a search.
- The following articles must not be brought within the Ground – knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to or ejected from the Ground.
- The use of threatening behaviour and/or foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban (including, but not limited to, a ban for one or more Matches) and/or the removal of season ticket(s) and/or Club membership for any such behaviour.
- Racial, homophobic, transphobic, sexist or discriminatory abuse, chanting or harassment is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban (including, but not limited to, a ban for one or more Matches) and/or the removal of season ticket(s) and/or Club membership for any such behaviour.
- The following acts are arrestable offences under the Football (Offences) Act 1991, as amended:
- the throwing of any object within the Ground without lawful authority or excuse;
- the chanting of anything of a racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist or discriminatory nature; and
- the entry onto the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse.
- All persons entering the Ground must be in possession of a valid ticket for that particular Match (which may take the form of a match ticket, season ticket or complimentary ticket validated for the Match in question) and have it available for inspection at all times. They may only occupy the seat allocated to them by that ticket and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express permission of the duty Director at the Ground. Proof of age, where an age concession is claimed, and proof of identity may be required and must be supplied on demand.
- Nobody may stand in within the main (West) stand complex, including its concourse at any point until the match has ended. Persistent standing in the West stand complex is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the Ground and possible further action by the Club.
- The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures within the Ground.
- The main (West) stand complex and the covered terrace on the East Stand are no smoking or vaping environment. Smoking and vaping is permitted on open terraces only on the North, East & South Terraces only. Smoking or vaping in none designated parts of the Ground may result in ejection from the Ground.
- Mobile telephones are permitted within the Ground, provided that they are used for personal and private use only. Mobile telephones may not be used to record any audio, visual or audio-visual material in relation to the Match. Any person found to be in breach of this condition may be ejected from the Ground and the Club may impose a ban (including, but not limited to, a ban for one or more Matches) for any such behaviour.
- To comply with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985 (as amended) admission to the Ground will be denied to persons:
- attempting to enter the Ground or being inside the Ground whilst drunk; or
- in possession of any intoxicating liquor, controlled, or illegal substances or any article (or part of an article), such as a bottle, can or other portable container which is for holding any drink, which could cause damage or personal injury, when entering or trying to enter the Ground or in a public area of the Ground from which the event can be directly viewed.
- Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which they do not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of their own safety or for any other reason.
- Save as set out in Condition 15 above, no person (other than a person who the Club determines, in its discretion, holds an appropriate licence) may bring into the Ground or use within the Ground any equipment which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to the Match or the Ground. Copyright in any unauthorised recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future copyright pursuant to section 91 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) to the Club. Without prejudice to Condition 23 below, a person failing to comply with this regulation will be liable to deliver up to the Club any such tapes, films, disks or other recordings or data. You further agree (if and whenever required to do so by the Club) to promptly execute all instruments and do all things necessary to vest the right, title and interest in such right to the Club absolutely and with full title guarantee.
- No goods (including literature) or services of any nature may be offered either free or for sale by any person within the Ground without the express written permission of the Club. Unauthorised goods will be confiscated by the Club.
- Save for official Club merchandise and/or other football related clothing worn in good faith, visitors shall not bring into, use or display within the Ground any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials.
- Tickets are not transferable and may not be offered for sale without the prior written permission of the Club or otherwise as set out in the express terms and conditions of such tickets. Any tickets offered for sale in breach of the terms and conditions thereof may be confiscated by any steward or officer of the Club or any police officer. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission to or eject from the Ground, any person who has transferred his/her ticket in contravention of the relevant ticket terms and conditions (and/or the holder of any ticket that has been transferred in contravention of the relevant ticket terms and conditions). In the event of any refusal of admission or ejection from the Ground no refund shall be payable. Tickets remain the property of the Club at all times.
- By entering the Ground, all persons acknowledge that photographic images and/or video recordings and/or stills taken from those video recordings may be taken of them and may also be used by the Club for marketing or promotional purposes. Entry into the Ground is confirmation that all persons have consented to such use of their image unless the Club is notified in writing to the contrary..
- Further to Condition 23, if such person is under 18 years of age, the parent, guardian, or responsible adult shall be deemed to have provided consent on their behalf.
- The club may itself use or pass, the police or any football regulatory or professional body, any recordings for use in any proceedings.
- At all times whilst present in the Ground, persons must comply with any and all instructions and directions of any steward or officer of the Club, any police officer or any officer of any other safety service. Failure to comply with any such instruction or direction may lead to the refusal of entry to, or the immediate ejection from, the Ground.
- Any person found damaging or defacing the Ground will be prosecuted.
- No re-entry to the Ground is permitted unless permission is given by an officer or a steward of the Club.
- The Club reserves absolutely the right to refuse entry and eject from the Ground any person that fails (or in the Club’s reasonable opinion is likely to fail) to comply with any of the Ground Regulations or whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club’s reasonable opinion), be construed as constituting a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person. This could lead to further action by the Club including, but not limited to, the withdrawal of any Club membership and or match ticket and/or season ticket (without reimbursement) and other benefits.
- The Club reserves the right to make changes to any of the ground regulations set out in this document in its sole discretion. Any such changes will be notified to the public through the Club’s website (www.stalbanscityfc.com) and on display at the Ground.
“Club” means St. Albans City Football and Athletic Club.
“Ground” means Clarence Park, York Road, St. Albans Herts, AL1 4PL and all locations owned, occupied or utilised by the Club.
“Match” means any football match, or other event open to the public, taking place at the Ground.
“Rules and Regulations” means each of the rules and regulations of, as may be relevant from time to time, FIFA, UEFA, The Football Association, The Premier League and The Football League; the Ground Regulations; and the Conditions of Issue.